The austrian (then czech) part of the railway was with the Abt's cog. The german part was electrified in twenties. The electric units ET89 have the end station in Polubný (Grünthal in the time of Austrian monarchy, Polubný between 1918 and 1939, Polaun during world war II, Kořenov now).
At the end of World War II. the german railwaymen moved
the electric lokomotives E 17.124, E 44.047, 127, E 90.57, E 94.017 a E 95.05 to Kořenov,
in order they would not be pulled to Soviet Union. It quite succeded, the
locomotives stayed in Kořenov until fall 1946 and then passed to Dresden.
The named engines have the original german description only, without any ČSD or USSR signs. The are the prize Russian engines.